iTunes Error 11556
So you have encountered “iTunes Error 11556” problem and are either wondering what that means or how to go about rectifying the error? Though this sounds very technical and obscure, you will get to know all that you need to know about this by the end of this article.
Out of the list of documented errors posted by Apple for its iTunes support services, code 11556 pertains to errors encountered when you try to compose a ring tone from music that you have bought on the iTunes store. This error is supposedly to be encountered if your network connection is disconnected. However there have been instances where people have complained about being able to connect to the network for other applications but being still prompted with this error number.
The list of possible reasons why this iTunes Error code 11556 might be cropping up could be as follows:
1. You are not connected to the network. Make sure that while attempting to create your ring tones you are connected to the network and that related traffic is not blocked or stopped by firewalls.
2. Your iTunes installation has been recently upgraded and has not been installed correctly. In this process probably your iTunes application has become corrupted. (Check this by running other iTune applications and seeing if they work fine)
3. The facility of being able to create ring tones is available only is select countries and if your country does not happen to be one amongst them, you will be prompted with the error. (a strange thing though reported by many users worldwide is that, by merely changing your country of store setting in your iPhone to ‘U.S’, you can start creating ring tones bypassing this error message.)
4. The feature of creating ring tones is available only against purchased songs. You could encounter this error, if you are trying to create ring tones against freely downloaded music.
5. This could also be witnessed in cases where several iMAC are connected to a single Apple account (family account). In such case all such iMacs are to be authorized with the principal Apple account holder with no parental restrictions placed on any of the user’s iMAC.
Error 11556 on itunes has been encountered by world wide users (barring U.S users) attempting to make their own ring tones. A lot of further confusion has been witnessed because of the ambiguity in the error definition quoted by Apple inc. For instance, if a user is not able to use this feature because of country restrictions, he should not be getting a message questioning in his network connectivity. Strangely for this bizarre error definition users have come up with an equal bizarre solution.
Well! now that we have an easy way to bypass this iTunes Error 11556 problem (simply by changing the country to U.S in the store settings !!) lets not get bogged down by the error but look for other easy options available to you as a user to create your own ring tones without any country specific restrictions. There are several websites on the net that allow you to create your own ring tones for free and in a few easy steps. Once the ring tone is created by the website, all that you need to do is to save the ring tones to your PC or Mac and then synchronize your iPhone with it. This option can also be used for freely downloaded songs as against the iTunes criteria of only converting purchased songs.Post Tags:11556, 11556 itunes error, apple itunes error 11556, error 11556 when signing in toitunes store, itunes error 11556, what is error 11556 mac