For whatever reason, you need to forward the incoming calls on your iPhone to another number. But, looking at that little shiny device in the palm of your hand, you’re sure that it’s going to be way too complicated and just forego it, missing out on important calls. If you’ve ever done this, truthfully, you’re going to kick yourself when you find out how easy it is to forward calls on your iPhone.
How to Forward Calls on iphone without Third party App?
Here are the basic steps that will help you to do this.
- Step 1: Open Settings.
- Step 2: Tap on Phone.
- Step 3: Tap on Call Forwarding.
- Step 4: Select the option, that you want to forward calls.
- Step 5: Scroll down and tap on the option, that you want to forward calls to.
- Step 6: You can then enter the number that you want your calls forwarded to
- Step 7: If you have changed the default options, you can also use a number that you can use to pick up the call at the other end.
- Step 8: If the call forwarding is done, you will receive a notification. You can also turn the call forwarding off by tapping on the option and selecting the option, that you don’t want to forward the calls.
- Step 9: This process of changing the call forwarding settings will work if you have selected the option of forwarding calls to another number.
You’re done! When you’re finished, and ready to start taking calls directly on your iPhone again, you can go back into that same menu and turn call forwarding off. Easy as pie, and a wonderful solution if you only need to use call forwarding every now and then.
Example on iPhone 13, watch the video:
But if you need to use call forwarding a lot, there’s an even more efficient way to forward calls on your iPhone – that’s with GSM codes. GSM codes are wonderful little shortcuts that you can plug right into your iPhone and have many features available right at your fingertips. Aside from call forwarding, there are tons of options that you have using GSM codes.
To use GSM codes to forward calls on your iPhone, first open the “Phone” function on your iPhone. Tap on the “Keypad” tab and enter the appropriate codes without quotes:
“**21*123-456-7891” (this being the number you’ll want the calls forwarded to) Entering this code will register the phone number that you want calls to be forwarded to.
“*21#” Entering this code will activate the call forwarding feature and will redirect calls to whichever phone number you registered.
“#21#” Entering this code will deactivate the call forwarding feature and will have you picking up calls on your iPhone once again.
GSM codes can be true lifesavers on the iPhone and once you use them, you’ll keep looking for more ways to take advantage of them!