How to Fix iPhone Won’t Turn On Problem? – One of the most ubiquitous gadgets of our times, the iPhone is handy tool and a wonderful gadget to possess, but its not without its sets of complications and demands. You disconnect the iPhone without following proper guidelines and chances are your iPhone may drop dead. You accidentally deep discharge your iPhone battery and you might end up with a iPhone that won’t turn on. But if you face such a situation, before pressing the panic button starting to look for outside help, here is some thing you could try for yourself. If your iPhone hardware is intact chance are you could get your iPhone functional in the next 5 minutes without bothering to reach to or call up your vendor.
Here’s a basic self diagnosis checklist, if your iPhone has dropped dead and won’t turn on.
- Check for the battery. Recharge for a couple of hours and see if it restarts.
- If you are not able to diagnose any battery related issue, check if your battery charger is functioning properly.
- If that doesn’t work, check if USB port that is being used to connect to your PC or MAC is functioning properly. Connect and try charging and connecting to a different port. Your iPhone might not actually be recharging due to a faulty USB point.
- If the iphone problem persists, try rebooting your PC or Mac and reconnecting your iPhone to it.
- If the problem is still not resolved, try to Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on your iPhone for a few seconds and wait for the red slider to appear. Slide it while still pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button to see if the iPhone reboots.
- If booting in the recovery mode fails, try to reset your iPhone. You can reset your iPhone by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously for a few seconds, to see if booting begins.
- If the iPhone Won’t Turn On Problem persists and the phone still does not start, put the iPhone into DFU mode and attempt to restore from there. To get into the DFU mode, press and hold the ‘power/sleep’ and ‘home’ button simultaneously for a few seconds. After this release the ‘power/sleep’ button but keep hold down the ‘home’ button for a few more seconds. If iTunes now identifies the iPhone try to restore to an official firmware.
- Still not able to switch on ? download and install the latest version of iTunes to your computer. Latest versions of iTunes might have incorporated solutions to the problems with your iPhone.
- Might be the iPhone charger port is dirty, try to clean it, read this: How to Clean iPhone Charger Port
- Still not working ? There might be some hardware complication which would need technical expertise. Call up your nearest Apple helpline number or your vendor for support.
Videos on How to Fix iPhone Won’t Turn on Problem
P.S : If after having repeated some of the steps, your iPhone starts but that commons iphone problems seems the iphone won’t turn on to be recurring too often, you could ask your vendor for a permanent solution. Apple has acknowledged such problems in some of its gadget by exchanging dysfunctional sets with new ones.