While I’m still amazed by the technology that offers finger print scanning for security purposes, my curiosity rose when a friend of mine let me try the new iPhone app–RecognizeMe.
This iPhone app functions so simple, it’ll scan your face and unlock your iPhone if the app recognizes you.
For those who haven’t tried it before, this app may sound so gimmicky but when you’re in front of your iPhone and it recognizes you, you can’t help but smile.
Okay, so much for that. Here is my review of the app;
1. Amazing Feature – I’m totally blown to happiness upon knowing that I can enjoy yet another technological breakthrough with my iPhone. It was never offered before so I am really amazed. Facial recognition for iPhone is just something I could use to smile every time I see my iPhone.
2. Takes So Long To Verify – It took 23 seconds for the app to recognize me. Perhaps this is the downside of facial recognition because the iPhone will take time to scan your face, plus it’ll take time to compare your scanned image with the saved photo in its memory. It may not be so much task for the iPhone but it will surely require time to do so.
3. Jailbroken iPhones Only – It is not offered at iTunes, only at Cydia. It means you really have to jailbreak your iPhone and void your warranty to be able to use this app. Although I don’t see it as a problem for me as I’ve jailbroken my iPhone 30 minutes after I purchased it, I would still not recommend it to people who haven’t tried jailbreaking their iPhones before.
4. Verification Threshold – One more thing I like about this app is that you can set the verification threshold to whatever you are comfortable with. It will set the level of “strictness” when it comes to the similarity of the scanned image and saved photo. When you set it to low, anybody who may look like you may be able to access your iPhone.
5. Two-Option Security – You can use facial recognition if you are not in a hurry or you can simply key in your passcode to enter within 5 seconds. So, when you had facial surgery don’t worry you can still access your iPhone with a passcode as long as you can still remember it.
Currenty, RecognizeMe iPhone App is not yet available for the public but I believe it will cost around $6.99 at Cydia. So, if you want to use this app, wait for the release which I believe won’t take that long from now, then jailbreak your iPhone.Post Tags:government34v