Unlock iPhone 4s in Seven Easy Steps
So you’ve finally decided to learn how to unlock iPhone 4s. Chances are you’ve been told that you can break free from the restrictions and excessive fees being imposed by your network, or simply because you are planning to travel abroad where telecom services require a different mobile carrier. Whatever the reason may be, you know that unlocking your iPhone will give you ultimate possibilities.
An unlocked iPhone 4s gives you the flexibility of switching between carriers whenever needed. However, not because everyone’s doing it does it mean that it’s just a piece of cake. You actually have to go through a series of installation, rebooting and yes, waiting. The good news is that hackers who took pride in “jailbreaking” have been sharing the easiest procedures on how to unlock iPhone 4s. All you have to do is follow carefully.
Steps to Unlock iPhone 4s
Below is the list of steps for unlocking your iPhone 4s. Note that data backup might be necessary for restoring Apple files in case you found jailbreaking to be a little problematic (which it is not as it actually lets you experience more of iPhone’s capabilities).
- Jailbreak first. Open the jailbreaking program and make sure to follow the instructions for the selection of your .ipsw file.
- The program will prompt you to install Cydia or Icy or even both. Just pick Cydia to avoid receiving error messages in the future.
- Plug in the iPhone 4s once the .ipsw file has been patched and turn it off. It will soon prompt the message “Click Next…” and you should do so.
- Set the phone in DFU mode while the firmware is being patched. You will need to hold down the home button and release it repeatedly for about 10 to 30 seconds and so on. The success of the whole process greatly depends on this step so be especially watchful.
- The jailbreaking firmware will load and after a few minutes the phone will have to reboot.
- Your phone is now jailbroken. Turn on your WiFi connection to load Cydia. Follow instructions regarding installation of an unlocking program.
- After completion, the phone will reboot yet again and voila! You have successfully completed the process of how to unlock iPhone 4s.
Unlock iPhone 4s Without Software Video
Details in text:
it Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
Turn on Airplane Mode
Take out AT&T SIM card
Insert T-Mobile SIM card
Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
EDGE network will activate automatically — notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
Eject SIM card
Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
Insert SIM card
for T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging:
From the main menu, tap Settings.
Verify the following settings:
Data Roaming: On
3G Enable Off
Note: The Apple® iPhone® is missing the WCDMA 1700/2100 band, and cannot function on the T-Mobile 3G network.
Note: Changing the 3G Enable function while the device is on an active call may cause the call to disconnect.
Tap Cellular Data Network.
Configure as follows
Username Leave Blank
Password Leave Blank
Enter the following information under the MMS section:
Username Leave Blank
Password Leave Blank
MMS Proxy 188.8.131.52:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 104857
MMS UA Prof URL www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
Press the Home button to return to the Main Menu.
Press the Home button to save the APN and exit to the main screen.
Test the connection by opening the Safari web browser.
If you have another foolproof and simple method to unlock iphone 4s, then kindly share with us here, Just drop your comment below this article.