How to Do Split Screen on iPad – The iPad is a versatile device that lets you do a lot of different things. One of the features that people love about the iPad is the split screen feature. This feature lets you do two things at once, which can be really useful. In this article, we will show you how to use the split screen feature on your iPad.
When Apple first introduced the iPad, they had no idea what to expect. They were pleasantly surprised by the popularity of the device and the incredible amount of applications that were available. However, one of the features that was missing from the initial iPad was the ability to have two apps side by side. This has since been added in the form of the Split Screen feature.
Split screen is a great way to multi-task on your iPad. You can have two apps open at the same time, side by side. This can be really useful if you need to take notes while you watch a video or want to compare two documents.
How to Do Split Screen on iPad
Split screen is a feature on the iPad that allows you to use two apps at the same time. This can be helpful for completing tasks such as typing a document while referencing a website or watching a movie while working on a project. To use split screen, follow these instructions which should work on ipad air, ipad pro or ipad mini:
- Open the app that you want to use in split screen mode.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the dock.
- Tap and hold on the app, then drag it up and release it over the other app that you want to use in split screen mode.
- The apps will resize and snap into place. You can now use them in split screen mode.
- To exit split screen mode, swipe up from the top of the screen and tap on the divider between the two apps to close them.
When using split screen or side-by-side apps, the iOS device may automatically close the apps when it’s out of battery or not connected to a charger. You can prevent this from happening by turning off Auto-Close Apps.
To do this:
- Open Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Auto-Close Apps.
- When you turn off Auto-Close Apps, all apps will be closed if you leave them alone for a long time.
- If you want to keep an app open, tap it once.
- If you have multiple apps that you use frequently, you can save them in your home screen.
In conclusion, split screen on the iPad can be a very useful tool for multitasking. By following the steps listed in this article, you should be able to create a split screen on your iPad in no time.