Apple Inc., the manufacturer of iPod Touch, puts up limitations on every device it releases. They put up these limitations so that users may not be able to install or put up applications that are not manufactured by them. This is also one of their techniques to gain more revenues because majority of iDevices users don’t have a choice but to only patronize or download their products to satisfy their specific needs. Well, the technique also gives protection to users from illegal software that may harm their device. Apple Inc. is not that bad after all. LOL.
An iPod Touch which is locked up to Apple Inc. products and services only is very boring. I mean not all people have the finances to pay for applications, games, music, or video clips all the time. Common our money has already been sipped with the Apple device we bought, so why not get those apps for free?
There are millions of applications for your iPod touch on the internet. Try googling and you’ll know. You can download those apps but you cannot install it because Apple Inc. will prompt you error messages. In this article, let me help you how to jailbreak your iPod touch 4.3.3 so that you may be able to the apps you long to have without sweat.
What is iOs jailbreak? It is a process to lift the limitations of Apple Inc. on its iPod touch by exploring the operating system, which is the iOS or the iPhone OS. Before anything else, let me remind of the following:
- You need to be aware that jailbreaking your iPod touch will void any warranty you have from Apple Inc.
- You must also take the risk of doing so, don’t blame the others.
- You must create backups of your files.
- Once you have created backups, you can use Cydia, an open-source software to get your backup files using jailbreak applications such as xBackup, PkgBackup, or AptBackup.
- You also need to be aware that jailbreaking your iPod touch makes your idevice vulnerable to security threats. Therefore, install and configure necessary security tools.
Let us now know how to jailbreak iPod touch 4.3.3.
1. Download the necessary software below:
iPod Touch 4.3.3 iOS
Red Snow (Windows)
Red Snow (MAC)
Note: You need to install a torrent client such as uTorrent to download torrent files.
2. After downloading, install the above software.
3. Launch iTunes and then Update/Restore you iOS using the above iOS file you have downloaded.
4. Open Redsnow and click Browse to open the downloaded iOS 4.3.3.
5. The software will now read and patch the firmware for jailbreaking purposes.
6. Click Next afterwards.
7. Check the box where it will tell you to install Cydia.
8. Make sure your iPod touch is turned off and connected to the computer.
9. Click Next.
10. There will be a series of instructions on how to make your device in the DFU mode, follow them.
11. Wait for RedSnow to jailbreak your iPod touch. You need to be patient and make it sure there will no interruption during the process.
click on the image to have a clearer view in the installation of Redsnow.