First, go to the HP website and download the latest drivers for Windows. Next, open up the Disk Utility application and create a new disk image. Drag and drop the drivers you downloaded into the disk image. Now, open up Terminal and type in the following command:
sudo installer -package /Volumes/HP_LaserJet_1020_series/hp LaserJet 1020 series.pkg -target /
This will install the drivers onto your Mac. Finally, open up System Preferences and select “Print & Scan.” The HP 1020 should now be listed as an option under Printers.
Or You could try this other method:
- Download the HP Printer Drivers v3.1 package for your Mac. (Download Here)
- Make sure the printer attached to your computer is turned on and ready.
- Once completing installation, go to Print & Fax or Print & Scan.
- Click the plus sign to choose the P1020
- Then click the Use or Print Using drop-down menu to select the HP LaserJet 1022 model
- Then doubleclick the Add Printer Software to complete the instructions.
Note: You could see completed list all supported printer models to the next link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201465#HP
In conclusion, the Hp Laserjet 1020 Driver for Mac can be installed with these two methods provided in this article. The second method is easy and straightforward, while the first method provides more options for the user. Choose the method that is best for you and get started printing with your Hp Laserjet 1020 printer today!